Terms & Conditions
These terms apply to all bookings whether booked online, by phone or in person. All terms are subject to change between online booking and the time of rental. Any breach of these terms, depending on the nature of the breach, may give rise to the loss of your security deposit; a breach in the terms of the vehicle’s insurance leading to a lack of cover for an individual or occurrence; a criminal offence being committed.
COVID 19 Policy
Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance to cover you for all eventualities including having to cancel due to Covid-19.
1. Collections and Returns
Vehicles can be collected between 2pm and 4pm on the collection day, it may be possible to collect outside of these times by prior arrangement and we will always do our best to accommodate where possible. The vehicle must be returned by 10.00 am on the return day, again by prior agreement it may be possible to change this time. Please let us know your return time the day before so that we can arrange to meet you to avoid you waiting. No refund is given for early return of the vehicle. You will collect and return the vehicle from our place of business, there will be a handover which will include a tour and walk round the vehicle, please allow up to an hour for this and for the paperwork to be completed. Your vehicle will be prepared and ready for collection in a clean and sanitised condition with a full tank of fuel. The vehicle must be returned with a full tank of fuel. The vehicle should be returned in the same clean condition it was received. Additional cleaning charges may apply if you return the vehicle in an unreasonable or unclean condition.
2. Hire rates quoted include:
- VAT at the applicable rate
- Unlimited miles
- UK standard vehicle insurance*
- UK Standard equipment as per the inventory & breakdown cover**
All prices quoted in the booking and in these Terms and Conditions are gross prices.
*Insurance loading. In some cases, Green Machine Campers Ltd will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, or insurance claims within three years. These charges will be passed onto the customers.
**Green Machine Campers Ltd will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the vehicle. If mechanical breakdown results in a shortened holiday, Green Machine Campers Limited will refund each complete day or non-use or provide an alternative vehicle at its discretion. Any call out charges necessitated by the customer through operator error or negligence, e.g., a flat vehicle battery, wrong or insufficient fuel, keys locked in vehicle etc. will be the responsibility of the customer.
We will require by email, for insurance purposes the signed rental agreement for all drivers, a copy of both the front and back of all driver’s photo card driving licences (address and ID must be up to date) the driving licence share code and 2 proofs of address from the following. Please also note we will require original ID documents on collection of the vehicle.
1 x primary and 1 x secondary proofs, or 2 x primary proofs.
Primary Proof of Address:
Credit Card bill/statement
HMRC self-assessment/tax credit
Secondary Proof of Address:
Mobile Phone Bills
Car Finance Statement
An annual council tax bill will be accepted. All other documents must be dated within 90 days of the hire date. The address and name on your licence must match both documents.
For Non-UK licence holders/residents, two forms of ID with matching addresses must be obtained as above plus copies of the licence both front and back and one other form of photographic ID must be retained either digitally or a hard copy.
We are required to perform a DVLA licence check prior to the vehicle being collected. Please visit www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence and enter your driving licence number, national insurance number and post-code, click on the top right hand tab which states Get your Check Code, this will produce a case sensitive code which will need to be printed and sent to us with your documents as listed above for insurance purposes.
4. Driver Conditions
ALL DRIVERS MUST SATISFY THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- are not under the age of 25 or over 70 years of age.
- has held a full UK or EU licence for a minimum of two years.
- has not had their licence banned or suspended
- No more than one fault or outstanding incident/claim in the last three years
- has no more than two convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
- has not obtained a BA, DD or UT conviction
A booking is only binding after it has been confirmed by Green Machine Campers and a booking deposit payment of 30% of the total hire cost has been received. This is paid at the point of booking online. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onwards. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due six weeks prior to departure. Green Machine Campers Ltd reserves the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received six weeks prior to departure. Payment is accepted by credit card (Visa or Master Card only), debit cards, or bank transfers. Please note that cash or cheque payments are not accepted. For late bookings (less than six weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed. Green Machine Campers Ltd reserves the right to increase the booking deposit for certain events or promotions.
6. Security Deposit
There is a refundable GB £1,000.00 Security Deposit payable by credit card or debit card upon collection of the vehicle. This is to cover the insurance excess and damage deposit. The card should be in the lead drivers name and the amount will be debited from your account immediately. Pre-paid currency cards cannot be accepted. Green Machine Campers Ltd reserves the right to increase the security deposit in certain circumstances or for specific events e.g. World Cup events, Festivals, clients travelling with pets, for any other hire where the motorhome is carrying 4 or more adults.
On taking delivery of the vehicle, you agree to pay the Security Deposit
You irrevocably authorise Green Machine Campers Ltd to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by you to Green Machine Campers Ltd arising out of these Terms and Conditions
The security deposit will be refunded within 7 working days of the vehicle being returned as per the criteria set out in hire conditions, vehicle collection and return and there are no outstanding insurance claims. It will not be refunded on return of the vehicle.
Should any damages or costs exceed the security deposit the customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the security deposit value within 7 days of being notified of the cost. Should any uninsurable damage exceed the security deposit held, the customer will be liable for the total cost and the difference will need to be settled within 7 days of returning the vehicle.
Please remember that your vehicle may have been booked for hire on the day you return it and we will need time to clean and sanitise. Should you be late in returning the vehicle from your hire, this could have an impact on the next hirers holiday. There is a late return charge of £50.00 per hour if you are up to 1 hour late, £100 for 1-2 hours late and a full day’s rate is charged plus the penalty fee of £100 if over 2 hours late.
7. Cancellation charges
More than 6 weeks before: 30% of total hire cost or Booking Deposit (whichever is greater)
6 weeks – No Show: 100% of total hire charge
A No Show is deemed as the customer not presenting themselves on the first day of the rental period to collect their vehicle and not communicating to Green Machine Campers Ltd prior to this date that will be collecting the vehicles on an alternative date/time within the booked rental period. Should the hire be deemed a No Show, the booking will be automatically cancelled at close of business that day, the vehicle will be released for re-hire and no refunds will be due. Green Machine Campers Ltd cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another. Green Machine Campers Ltd reserves the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events. Charges will be from the time of booking.
8. European Travel
For those travelling within Europe there is an additional charge of £15.00 per night for European Insurance cover (including European roadside assistance). European Insurance cover is mandatory, and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a vehicle into Europe without taking out the additional European cover. Minimum charge term for European cover is 5 nights, maximum charge terms is 21 nights. Green Machine Campers Limited provide some of the items needed for European travel in the inventory. Any additional items required are the hirers responsibility to purchase separately and can commonly be purchased on ferries, etc.
9. Ireland Travel
For those travelling within Ireland there is an additional charge of £10.00 per night for your Ireland cover (including Irish roadside assistance). Ireland cover is mandatory, and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a vehicle into Ireland without taking out Ireland cover insurance. Minimum charge term for Ireland cover is 5 nights, maximum charge terms is 21 nights.
10. Car Parking facilities
Green Machine Campers Ltd does allow customers to leave their vehicles, subject to space at their own risk on-site for the duration of their vehicle hire.
11. Vehicle Collection & Return
Collection: Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over – to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you. All drivers need to be present on collection of the vehicle and bring their full valid licence, passport and credit or debit card for security deposit. Please see section 24, Drivers for further details.
Note: Green Machine Campers Ltd will make every effort to have your vehicle ready for the collection time you have selected however we cannot guarantee that your vehicle will be ready for this time.
Return: The vehicle must be returned on the correct date and before the time stated on the rental agreement. Hirer will be liable for the full security deposit amount should they abandon the vehicle without agreement from Green Machine Campers Ltd – please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot. Vehicles must be returned undamaged, empty wastewater and toilet cassette and the interior clean and in the same condition as they were when collected, otherwise a charge will be made for additional Valeting and or Upholstery cleaning. In addition, a separate toilet cleaning fee of £50.00 plus VAT will apply if the toilet waste tank is not empty and clean on return. Please note there are no toilet emptying facilities at Green Machine Campers Ltd so this must be emptied prior to return.
Lost property: It is the hirers responsibility to make sure that upon return of the vehicle all your personal possessions & rubbish are removed from the vehicle. The vehicle may be going back out again on hire that same day, Green Machine Campers Ltd cannot be held responsible should an item be left on board. Green Machine Campers Ltd will do our up-most to contact the hirer if items are handed in, these items will only be stored for 2 weeks before disposal/charity.
12. Vehicle Systems
Green Machine Campers Ltd will carry out a full Pre-Checkout Inspection (PCI) on every vehicle before the commencement of hire. The PCI involves testing every system on board the vehicle to ensure they are operating correctly. In conjunction with this the hirer will be taken on a tour of the vehicle and shown how each system works. Should an on-board system fail during your hire, Green Machine Campers Ltd will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are away but, in some circumstances, this may not be possible and Green Machine Campers Ltd cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle. In the case of winter hire Green Machine Campers Ltd cannot and will not be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
13. Vehicle Acceptance
You acknowledge having received the vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the vehicle Handover Checklist and with a full fuel tank, – You acknowledge that Green Machine Campers Ltd will not refund to you any monies if the vehicle is returned or you cease to have use of the vehicle or an item of equipment on the vehicle prior to the return date for any reason except for mechanical breakdown e.g. accident, weather, theft or damage
14. Change of Vehicle
Green Machine Camper’s Ltd reserves the right to substitute a comparable or superior vehicle for the vehicle ordered and in this case the customer will not be responsible for any additional fees. Should the customer elect to change the vehicle that they have booked, subject to availability Green Machine Campers Ltd will try to accommodate the request where possible. Should there be an increase in the daily rental cost following a customer’s request to change vehicle, the customer will be liable for the increased premium in line with section 5, payment terms. Should the daily rental cost be lower, the original booked price will stand, and no refund will be given. Should Green Machine Campers Ltd not be able to accommodate the request and the customers decides to cancel the booking, Green Machine Campers Ltd cancellation terms shall apply, see section 7, cancellation charges for more details.
15. Rental and Other Charges
You will pay Green Machine Campers Ltd:
– All rental charges
– The security deposit
LATE RETURN: Vehicles must be returned by 10am Should you be 1 hour late – £50
Should you be 1-2 hours late – £100
Over 2 hours late – £100 Penalty + 1 extra day hire fee
Vehicles must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
Minimum valet charge – £50 will be applicable if the vehicle and/or upholstery is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
Smoking/vaping fee – £150
Pet Fee – The vehicle should be returned in a clean and tidy condition as if a pet was never present. Should this not be the case then the minimum additional cleaning fee will be £100.
TOILET AND WASTE WATER:
The toilet cassette and wastewater tank must be emptied prior to the return of the vehicle.
An additional fee of £50.00 each is chargeable if this is not emptied.
The fuel tank must be full on return.
Additional charges as follows for fuel: As per the terms and conditions of hire the following fees will be payable and include a £25 administration fee.
3⁄4 full to full – £75 1⁄2-3/4 full – £90
1⁄4-1/2 full – £120
Empty – 1⁄4 full £140
BEDDING AND TOWELS – per bed. (Duvet, duvet cover, sheet, pillow, pillowcase, hand towel and bath towel) Replacement cost will be payable and an addition a £25 administration fee will be charged.
Kitchen items –
Replacement cost will be payable per item.
- The late fee as detailed in these terms and conditions should the vehicle be returned after the agreed time as stated on the rental agreement
- The nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of the booking prior to acceptance or delivery of the vehicle
- The cost of any damage to the vehicle or third-party property, subject to the insurance cover
- The insurance excess of £1,000 should there be damage involving third party property or the theft of the vehicle (see section 25). Applies in respect of each claim, not hire.
- All parking fines, other fines or penalties and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the Rental Period
- Any other fees or charges payable by you pursuant to these Terms and Conditions. This includes any costs incurred by Green Machine Campers Ltd as a result of any breach by you of the terms of these Terms and Conditions Demurrage; the nightly rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet; for example, for accident repairs
- Any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value
- The cost to recover a vehicle
- In the case of gross negligence Green Machine Camper’s Ltd reserves, the right to recover full costs in order to return the vehicle to the state in which it was handed over
- There is a late return charge of £50 if you are up to 1 hour late, £100 for 1-2 hours late and a full day’s rate is charged plus the penalty fee of £100 if over 2 hours late
16. Errors in Rental Charges
Total charges as set out therein are not final. You agree to pay any shortfall in charges to Green Machine Campers Ltd and you will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Green Machine Campers Ltd.
17. Use of the Vehicle
You agree that during the rental period, you will not and will not allow the vehicle to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent, and normal manner
- Driven by anyone other than the person(s) who are named as drivers
- Used in a manner which could cause damage to the vehicle or its contents
- Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by you to Green Machine Campers Ltd
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
- Left in any hazardous or contaminated environment
- Left open whilst the vehicle is unoccupied
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
- Driven by persons, under the age of 25 years or over the age of 70
- Who is not authorised by law to drive the Vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the Vehicle are set out under the heading ‘Hire’s name/ contact’ on the Rental Agreement.
- Submersed in water
- In Contact with Salt Water
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the vehicle manual or on the vehicle or specified in these Terms and Conditions
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
- Otherwise used in breach of any obligations under these Terms and Conditions
18. Road Restrictions
All vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads
You acknowledge that Green Machine Camper’s Ltd reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause
19. Alterations to the Vehicle
You shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Green Machine Campers Ltd
20. Title to Vehicle
You acknowledge that Green Machine Campers Ltd retains title to the vehicle and its contents and that you possess the goods as a mere bailee only. You do not have any right to pledge Green Machine Campers Ltd Credit in connection with the vehicle and agree not to do so. You shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
All Green Machine Campers Ltd vehicles are non-smoking/vaping vehicles. Green Machine Campers Ltd reserves the right to impose additional Valeting fee and or upholstery cleaning fees (minimum £150 plus a day’s rental) should evidence of smoking be detected in the vehicle.
Green Machine Campers Ltd authorises the use of these vehicles up to the stated number of passengers. Each person is to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the vehicle is in motion, you must not carry additional passengers without safety restraints. Carrying more than the specified number of passengers is against the law and in breach of these terms and Conditions. Child seats are available (fees applicable), and it is the responsibility of the hirer to fit them themselves. Children up to 12 years of age or 135cm in height, which ever they reach first, must use the correct child restraints appropriate for their weight/height under UK law.
Green Machine Campers Ltd authorises a maximum of 2 pets on selected vehicles if: – Prior written consent has been obtained from Green Machine Campers Ltd and a charge of £50.00 per pet will be charged.
You arrange safe travel in a secure crate or similar
They are not left in the vehicle unattended
They are not allowed on any of the soft furnishings or upholstery (this
includes the beds, seats/sofas)
The vehicle is returned in a clean and tidy condition as if a pet was never
present. Should this not be the case, or any pet hairs are found, cleaning
- charges and upholstery cleaning charges will apply. Minimum charge is £100.00.
You agree to cover the cost of all damage caused by a pet, even if it exceeds the security deposit
Standard insurance: 25 to 70 years
Insurance for over 70’s drivers: 71- 74 years. This is by special request and agreement only with Green Machine Campers Ltd & their insurer. Green Machine Campers Ltd must be notified at the time of booking should any driver be over the age of 70. Additional information will need to be provided. Cover is not guaranteed.
Maximum of 2 drivers per rental.
All drivers must have held a valid licence for more than 2 years than entitles them to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg GMW
All drivers have not had their licence suspended for any period within the last 3 years.
All drivers have not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last 3 years.
Has had no more than 2 convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
Has not obtained a BA, DD or UT conviction.
All drivers must be present at checkout of the vehicle. No exceptions can be made
Production of a full, valid standard drivers’ licence, as well as a valid passport are required from all drivers at the start of hire
Production of 2 utility bills (dated less than 3 months prior to the hire start date) for each of the insured drivers.
Copies will be taken of all identification presented and will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defence of any legal claim(s)
Driving Licence – We are required to perform a DVLA licence check and you must provide the check code with your documentation. We are unable to insure you if we have not checked your licence details. No refund will be given if we are unable to insure you to drive.
All drivers who licences are issued outside of the EU or Commonwealth are required to supply a valid international driving permit alongside your standard licence at the start of hire. This must be issued in the country your standard licence was issued and confirm you are able to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg GMW. Should any driver fail to present all correct documentation and identification on collection of the vehicle or do not meet the driver requirements stated in the terms and conditions, then Green Machine campers Ltd will be unable to release the vehicle and no refunds will be given
Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g., parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire.
(Provided all the personal information supplied is correct and the claim is not made due to negligence) Please also refer to section 27
The vehicle is insured for theft and damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer (including death or bodily injury to the driver) or cover any personal possessions. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of GB £1,000.00 per accident, reported incident or vehicle theft. In the event of any insurable damage claim to either the vehicle or third-party property, the hirer will be liable for the first GB£1,000.00 per claim. In the event of the theft of the vehicle, the hirer will be liable for the full cost of the claim; once a theft has been reported to both Green Machine Campers Ltd and the police, a claim will be lodged with the insurer. The keys must be returned to Green Machine Campers Ltd. Should the insurer accept the claim and agrees to reimburse Green Machine Campers Ltd for the full cost of the vehicle, the liability to the hirer will reduce to the first GB£1,000.00 of the claim (excess). Please note: if the keys are not returned to Green Machine Campers Ltd, the insurer will not accept the claim and liability for the full cost of the vehicle will remain with the hirer. Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle. Please note that no insurance cover is offered for overhead damage, any damaged deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damage, therefore the hirer accepts fully the liability for these which is in addition to the standard vehicle excess should that apply. Wind screen and / or tyre damage is not covered by the standard vehicle insurance and therefore the full cost of the damage will be covered by the Customer.
26. Collision Damage Waiver
You can take out a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) for your motorhome hire, please note a £1,000 deposit is still payable to cover any damage internally or externally caused by negligence, late return, cleaning or refuelling charges or any charges that need to be collected relating to the hire and these terms and conditions.
Collision Damage Waiver will be charged at £25.00 per night and will reduce the £1000.00 excess for damage caused due to a Road Traffic Collision (RTC) to either the Vehicle or third party to zero pounds. It will also cover the cost of replacement tyres or windscreen.
Please note: A £1,000 deposit is still payable to cover any damage Internal or externally caused by negligence, late return, cleaning or refuelling charges or any charges that need to be collected relating to the hire as per these terms and conditions.
It will not cover any damage deemed as malicious or deliberate, vehicle break in or vandalism, or cover the theft of the Vehicle. No insurance CDW cover is offered for Overhead Damage, awnings and any damaged deemed as gross negligence or any internal damage, therefore full liability will apply. This applies in respect of the first incident and / or claim, not the entire duration of the rental. Once an accident has occurred CDW cannot be restarted, and standard insurance terms will apply. The incident must be reported to GM Campers within 24 hours otherwise the CDW cover will not be applicable.
Maximum charge term for CDW is 28 nights.
Should the Terms and Conditions not be adhered to, the CDW will be void and the hirer will be liable in full for all costs and damages. Please note that the CDW is completely optional and can be decided upon collection of your Vehicle.
After the hire has commenced, CDW cannot be taken out. CDW cannot be offered to drivers over the age of 70.
27. Vehicle Damage – Insurance Cover
You are aware that:
The vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer or their possessions, insurance does not cover wind screens, tyres, awnings or overhead damage.
You will have to pay an excess for any insurance claim regardless of which party is at fault for the accident. The insurance excess will come from the security deposit. Green Machine Camper’s Ltd reserves the right not to make an insurance claim if the cost to repair the vehicle is under £1,000 and can be taken from the security deposit. For example – if a repair costs £750 and there is an insurance excess of £1,000.00 then Green Machine campers Ltd will not make an insurance claim for £250. Therefore £750 will be retained from the security deposit and the remaining £250 of the deposit will be returned.
You will be responsible for any damage caused through gross negligence including but not limited to, fire, internal or external, theft, including if leaving keys inside vehicle, not applying handbrake when parked/camping, driving when the vehicle is not secured, etc.
28. Responsibility when accident occurs
- In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, you will
Notify Green Machine Campers Ltd and the Police within 24 hrs of the happening of the event
- Obtain the names and addresses of any other driver and registration mark of any other vehicle involved.
- Obtain insurance certificate details from any driver you hold responsible for causing the accident and give such details to anyone that similarly holds you responsible (you are compelled to provide such information by the Road Traffic Act 1988)
- Obtain the name and address of any witnesses.
- Record the position in the road of your vehicle and any other vehicle involved.
- Do not make any admission of liability nor give money to any injured person Assist Green Machine Campers Ltd in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence
- You acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by you in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault
- You will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault
- No security deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until claim is settled
- You shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including checking oil, coolant and AdBlue levels, tyre pressures and batteries
- You are aware that the vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of diesel, AdBlue and a bottle of gas (minimum 1/3 full) and that it is your responsibility to replenish these throughout your hire and return these all full (except the gas bottle) otherwise charges will apply. Green Machine Campers Ltd will not be held responsible should you run out of any of these during your hire
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, you will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period. Green Machine Campers Ltd will reimburse you for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
- The tyre is defective and is returned by you to Green Machine Campers Ltd for inspection; and
- You produce relevant receipts; and
- The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty
- You will be liable for any costs associated with allowing the engine oil, coolants or AdBlue to run empty and cause damage to the vehicle’s engine
- You will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Green Machine Campers Ltd vehicles run on DIESEL and AdBlue.
30. Credit and Debit Card Payment
Visa card and Master Card credit cards only. All debit cards accepted. Pre-paid currency cards are accepted for payments but not for the security deposit.
- Green Machine Campers Ltd will accept payment by credit cards approved by Green Machine Campers Ltd.
- When payment is paid by credit, debit card, you agree that:
- Green Machine Campers Ltd is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit or debit card issuer all amounts due by you pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to those outlined in section 15 Rental and other charges
- You will not dispute your liability to Green Machine Campers Ltd for any amount due under these Terms and Conditions and you shall indemnify and keep Green Machine Campers Ltd indemnified against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying your credit or debit card issuer of such dispute
- Green Machine Campers Ltd may process the credit or debit card at any time, in the event that Green Machine Campers Ltd elects to process the payment of the Security Deposit by debit/credit card after you have cancelled/ removed this payment option, you agree that Green Machine Campers Ltd is entitled to recover payment from my credit or debit card issuer in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the payment. – You acknowledge that all transactions under the booking and these Terms and Conditions are conducted in Pounds Sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against my credit or debit card and the amount refunded within 7 days after the expiration of the rental period. You release Green Machine Campers Ltd from any liability for such variation.
31. Terminating the Agreement
You acknowledge that Green Machine Campers Ltd may terminate the booking and your hire of the vehicle and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that you will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if:
- You are in breach of any term of these Terms and Conditions
- You have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation
- Any statement, representation or warranty made by you in respect to yourself or additional drivers is incorrect
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Green Machine Campers Ltd reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date
- Green Machine Campers Ltd considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is in danger. You understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, you have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit
32. Release and Indemnity of Green Machine Campers Ltd
- Subject to its obligation to deliver the vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, you release Green Machine Campers Ltd its employees and agents, from any liability to you (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by you by reason of these Terms and Conditions or your booking, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident, or the vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Green Machine Campers Ltd premises or recovered or handled by Green Machine Campers Ltd
- Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Green Machine Campers Ltd, you hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Green Machine Campers Ltd, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the vehicle.
Any changes to this these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Green Machine Campers Ltd and by me.
34. Force Majeure
Green Machine Campers Ltd will make every effort to ensure that the reserved motorhome is available for you at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and if an alternative or acceptable motorhome is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all money paid by you.
35. My Warranties
You warrant that all information supplied by you to Green Machine Campers Ltd in connection with your booking is true.
36. Proper Law
These Terms and Conditions and the Rental Agreement shall be governed by the law of England & Wales.
37. Data Protection
To fulfil the contract/ agreement placed with us, including but not limited to vehicle hire and production of the Rental agreement. Your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the Rental Agreement will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defence of any legal claim(s)
To fulfil our legal requirements as a vehicle rental company
We will not transfer your personal data to any third party outside the of Green Machine campers Ltd, unless:
It is to book a third-party service for you including ferry crossing and tax transfers
It is to enrol you in a third-party membership including caravan club, camping and caravanning club and English heritage memberships
It is for on road vehicle assistance for example vehicle recovery/breakdown providers and repair workshops
It is to our insurer
It is to the police, local authorities, councils or DVLA if we suspect or are notified that a road traffic offence/ contravention has occurred
It is to local authorities, councils, and private parking companies if we suspect or are notified that you breached private parking terms and conditions, dart and congestion charges
To insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party
It is to the police, DVLA and Customs and Port authorities if we suspect or are alerted to criminal activity.
Our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
You are in breach of our agreement in which case we may notify the BVRLA’s RISC database, police, our solicitor’s, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies and any other relevant organisations – The third party is our subcontractor or a member of our companies, who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions
It is between software systems that we use for the purpose of our business as a vehicle rental company including but not limited to Xero, Receipt Bank, Futri, Mailchimp
It is for feedback on our products and services provided
You have submitted a photo into a competition that we have run. By entering our competition, you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media sites. We may also use it for posters and advertising and share with our partners, wholesale, and web-based agents for them to use for their own marketing purposes
It is otherwise authorised under the Data Protection Act
By entering into these Terms and Conditions, you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with these Terms and Conditions including data collected from the vehicle which may include your location(s) from our vehicle tracking system. We may use your information to analyse statistics, for market research, credit control and to protect our assets.
You agree that if you break these Terms and Conditions, we can pass your personal information to any relevant organisation. We can share your personal information to prevent crime and protect assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act.
38. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions and the Rental Agreement constitute the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of your booking. Green Machine Campers Ltd reserves the right to add or amend the vehicle specifications and rental charges without prior notice. This agreement does not affect your statutory rights under civil law. Green Machine Campers Ltd is 130 Berrow Road – Burnham On Sea – Somerset – TA8 2PH